Tuesday, October 23, 2007

interesting quote

OK, so I was driving home today and I saw a sign that said the following:
"In a world full of cheerios, be a froot loop"
I have become accustomed to reading some strange things on this sign, but this one caught my attention tonight.
When I first read it, I started to laugh, because it seemed a little strange. Comparing people to breakfast cereals. I mean really? Who does that?
But then I started to think more about what it could be talking about. If you were to be a froot loop surrounded by cheerios, you would be different from "everyone" around you.
And then I started to think . . . that's what we are to be as followers of Christ (I'm not a huge fan of the term Christian, but that's something for another blog). We are called to be different from the world around us . . . to stand out . . . as a froot loop in a bowl of cheerios would.
Maybe I'm stretching things a little bit, but that's what I was thinking about as I kept driving after seeing that sign. Philippians 2:15 says that we are to "shine like stars in the universe". The world around us should notice us as point to God and hold out His Truth.
So, yeah, that's my thoughts tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment