Tuesday, January 8, 2008

happy new year

Well, I have been bad at writing here lately, I just realized. So, to those who do read this . . . Happy New Year!

So we were singing this song at Alive last night, that was just really cool to me. I don't remember all of the words, who it's by, or even the name of the song, but some of the words are:
God in my living
There in my breathing
God in my waking
God in my sleeping
. . .
God in my living
There in my working
. . .
God in my hurting
There in my healing
. . .
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
. . .
Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
Be my everything

The whole song just talks about God being a part of every single aspect of our lives.

As I sang those words, they really were my prayer, but afterwards I started thinking . . . I can pray that and mean that at the time, but so often I find myself not wanting God to be a part of everything in my day-to-day life. Not because I don't want Christ in my life, but because those are the moments when I find myself doing things that I know I shouldn't be doing anyways. Really the words to this song have just been challenging me in the last day or so to make them something I can say about my entire life. This means I need to do some changing of certain things in my life and it won't happen overnight, but it is something that I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment