Tuesday, June 24, 2008

serving God

So, since my week of holidays that I spent serving, I've been thinking a lot about serving God with my life. Shortly after I got back from the week, I was reading in Colossians 3:17 where it talks about how we are to do everything as if we were doing it for God. Reading this verse really spurred on my thinking.

I've always read that verse to be about doing those things that would be considered service in the church, and often those things that one wouldn't normally think of as being the glamorous jobs. But, lately, I've been starting to see that is means so much more than that. This verse in Colossians is talking about all areas of life.

This is not just about church work. This is in ALL of life! Everything I do - from serving at church, to doing my job, to cleaning my apartment - is to be done for God. There is nothing that I do in my life that is too low to be done for God!

Serving God is all-encompassing! I may not always be doing it in a week that is like the one I just had, but that doesn't mean you and I aren't serving God. We need to begin seeing our service to God as being something that is a part of our everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment