So here's my list so far of what I'm thankful for:
- a family that loves me and cares about me
- amazing roommates to enjoy spending time with
- incredible friends
- freedom to worship God and to gather with other Christians
- an amazing job that I enjoy most days
- the beauty of creation that I get to live in
- having enough money each month to pay the bills and still have some left to have fun
Those are just some of the many things in my life that I have to be thankful for. If I took more time I'm sure that I could come up with even more.
I'm not sure why it takes a once a year weekend that is planned for me to think of what I'm thankful for. It should be something that is a part of my life all the time. That's the challenge right now . . . for me to remember to acknowledge the things I'm thankful for year round, not just once a year.