Tuesday, January 25, 2011

why do i blog?

In the last while I have been reviewing some of the posts I have written over the years that I have had this blog. As I did I noticed that there have been some topics that seem to come up over and over again. And it has caused me to wonder. Do I write about the same things all the time? Now I have not read all of my posts since I started this blog, just a few from various times, so I may just be picking all the ones that are about the same things. But I do still wonder if I there really is enough interesting stuff that I think about to write posts that are different than ones I have already written.

As I enter another new year and look at how I spend my time I guess I find myself evaluating what I do with the time I have. And that has brought on this review of my blog. Wondering about whether I am repeating the same topics over and over. And wondering about what the purpose of my having a blog is. And wondering about whether I can use the time I spend writing here on other things.

At this point, I do not feel like I want to give up my blog, but I do feel like maybe I am in a season where there are other things that need some of the time I spend on here. The result of that may mean less posts here. Or they may come in chunks of a few of at a time with larger time breaks in the midst.

I am not sure what my blog will look like this coming year. All I know is that it will quite possibly look different than it has in the past - at least for the next little while. I am not even sure that this is a long term change, it may be just a temporary one. That remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment