Wednesday, September 21, 2011

i just don't get it

"I just don't get it."

Have you ever read something in the Bible and thought that? I know I have many times. I know it's important to read the Bible and to learn what it says, but sometimes that can be difficult. It's not always clear what is meant or how what it says will help in our lives.

"I just don't get it."

I don't know about you, but for me that has sometimes been an excuse to not read the Bible. I reason that if I don't understand all of what I'm reading, then it's not worth my time. I want to understand what I read right away.

"I just don't get it."

What if there was a different way to go about it? What if instead of walking away from all of it, because we don't get part of it, we decide to instead obey what we do get? What if we started to pay attention to what we do get and obey it? Maybe then we will better understand more of what the Bible has to say. I know that has worked for me, when I've actually done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment