Friday, October 7, 2011

information overload?

In the past three weeks, I have been at two different conferences. There is so much stuff running around my head that I have not been able to write anything that is remotely coherent. Even now, I am not sure I have a lot to say. There is still so much to think through and figure out how what I heard at these conferences needs to affect my life.

This has made me think about our culture as a whole. There is so much information available to us all the time. We do not have to go find a book to look it up or even go home to our computers to look something up. We just pull out our phones and find the information right there. And not just information if we are curious about something. The news is at our fingertips too.

Are we suffering from information overload? Is there something to be said for having a break from access to all that information and news all the time? Do we need to make the choice to step back from this information overload?

No comments:

Post a Comment