Monday, March 19, 2012

shelter

When I wrote a post about community a little over a month ago, I had a line from a chorus of a song I had heard just a couple weeks before that running through my head. The line has been stuck in my head since I first heard the song. It's from the Jars of Clay song "Shelter" and says "In the shelter of each other, we will live, we will live."

When I stopped to listen to the lyrics of the entire song, I realized that they so clearly described what I was talking about in the post I wrote on community. It's about becoming known to and living in community with those around us.

"Shelter" by Jars of Clay



There is so much truth in the words to the line in the chorus that has been stuck in my head for a couple months now: "In the shelter of each other, we will live, we will live." That is the way we are meant to live - in community with each other, where we care for, love, protect each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment