Sunday, October 14, 2012

Psalm 130:5-6

Today, I continue in my thoughts on Psalm 130, talking about verses 5 & 6:
I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
     and in His Word, I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord,
     more than watchmen wait for the morning,
     more than watchmen wait for the morning.

I love how these verses talk about waiting for the Lord expectantly. A waiting that is looking for something to come, not just sitting back. A watchman's job was to keep watch for any possible attacks on the city during the night. That's a watching that speaks of being ready to do something and being expectant of something. That's definitely not a passive waiting.

It challenges me on the concept of waiting in my own life. Am I passively waiting? Or am I expectantly waiting, ready to act?

The psalmist speaks of waiting for the Lord. There weren't just waiting for something - they were waiting for God to come. The knew Who they were waiting for. And that Who they were waiting for was worth waiting expectantly for.

What about the waiting in your own life?
What are you waiting for?
Are you waiting expectantly? Or passively?
Is what you're waiting for really worth waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment