Thursday, January 19, 2017

Learning to be Okay with Unanswered Questions

I'm one of those people who wants to know to understand everything. I don't like not knowing, or having unanswered questions.

That means there are times when I would come across a passage of Scripture that wasn't clear and I'd end up frustrated. I would spend hours reading commentaries, looking up the original language, trying to find the answer. All good things, but if I couldn't come to a clear answer to my question, I would just be frustrated.

Lately, I've been learning that sometimes I have to be okay with questions. God doesn't always reveal everything perfectly clearly in my timing. Sometimes, over time a part of Scripture I've had questions about comes clear. Sometimes the question that was frustrating me becomes less important to me over time.

And the questions usually push me to pursue God more deeply. To spend more time studying the Word. Those are good things, and even through they might not bring me the answer I'm looking for, they have good results in my journey with God.

I'm learning to be okay with the unanswered questions sometimes. Some of them I may get answered later. Some of them may not be answered while I'm walking on this earth.

The important thing is what I do with my unanswered questions. Do I allow them to drive me deeper in my study of Scripture and relationship with God? Or I do I allow the frustration of them to drive me away?

No comments:

Post a Comment