Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Reminders of Why we Need Community

In the last few weeks, I've had a few reminders of the value of community. The value of the community I've built around me. Of our need for a community where we can turn when things are hard and who are there to celebrate the good in life too.

So many examples of why we need community . . .

. . . After a challenging ministry weekend, I had people to talk to when I was struggling with something that came up for me out of it.

. . . When I'd had a long and challenging week, I had people who stopped to listen and pray for me right there.

. . . When we all needed a good laugh, I had people where we could really laugh together.

. . . When I needed an outside perspective on some things, I had someone who I trusted to offer it.

. . . When silence and a being with others with no expectations was needed, I had a few people to spend that time with for a weekend.

As I look back on these times, and so many more I could list, I'm grateful for these people in my life. I can't imagine what my life would be like without them. I know I wouldn't be writing this.

I know that I write often about our need for one another. I think in our individualistic society, it's a reminder we constantly need. As much as I know from these and other experiences how much it's needed, I still need the reminder regularly.

God created us to need each other - in the good times and the hard times. No matter how hard we try, we'll never be able to change that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment