Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Remembering What God Has Taught You

Sometimes we need to go back and remember the experiences of the past and how God has worked in them. They remind us of the God we serve, and that we've never been left alone.

I was reading some posts from near the beginning of this blog earlier today, and I was reminded of how God has worked in my life. Ten years ago, in September 2008, my comfy, safe world was shaken. It seemed like nothing was predictable anymore. 

But, it was also the beginning of a time of God refining my faith. Without even realizing it, I had begun to place my faith in things going as I had planned and everything making sense in my life. While I don't see the events of September 2008 as being planned by God, I can see how He used them to show me that and to bring me back to putting my faith in Him alone - not my circumstances.

It's important that we remember these sorts of things. When I forget this, it's easy to find myself back where I was ten year ago in a short time. But, when I remember these things that God has taught me, I'm reminded of where I need to keep placing my faith.

In Scripture, we see God directing His people to do exactly this. They were to build altars of remembrance and tell the stories of what God had done for them to the next generations. By communicating these stories and remembering these experiences, they would be encouraging each other to continue on in following God.

What are your experiences with God? How has He worked in your life? What lessons has He taught you?

No comments:

Post a Comment