Friday, May 7, 2010

trust . . . be still . . .

"Trust in the Lord and do good;
     dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord
     and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
     trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
     the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him;
     do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
     when they carry out their wicked schemes."
                                               -Psalm 37:3-7

"Be still, and know that I am God;
     I will be exalted among the nations,
     I will be exalted in the earth."
                                                -Psalm 46:10



 
Trust and be still . . . these seem to be common themes that have been coming up in my life lately. Neither of the are things that I am really very good at. In fact, I often balk at the idea of doing either of them. I want to know the whole plan ahead of time and I want to have something to do at all times to make that plan happen. God does not always work this way.



 

TRUST . . .



 

BE STILL . . .




 
Trust God that he knows what is happening when I do not.
Trust God that we He asks me to do, He will equip me to do.
Trust God that even when it seems impossible, He can do it, because nothing is impossible for Him.
Trust God the even when I cannot actually see the place where my foot will land with the next step, He knows and He will not leave me to stumble around not knowing where to place my foot.




 
TRUST . . .



 

BE STILL . . .



 

Be still and do not move just because I feel like I need to do something.
Be still and listen for God's voice guiding me where to go or what to do next.
Be still and allow another to experience the consequences of a choice they made rather than trying to fix it for them.
Be still and be okay with doing nothing sometimes.




 
TRUST . . .




 
BE STILL . . .




 
Counter-cultural - our culture tells us to do what we feel is right and that being busy is something we should be proud of.
Difficult - neither comes naturally to us. We have to choose to do both.
Scary - How do I know I can trust? What will happen if I do not do something in that situation?



 

TRUST . . .



 

BE STILL . . .




 

God commands us to. And when we actually do trust and are still when He says, the outcome is better that we could have imagined or could have made happen ourselves.




 
TRUST . . .




 
BE STILL . . .




 
How are you doing with trusting God?
How are you doing at being still?

No comments:

Post a Comment