Sunday, January 1, 2012

the beginning of a new year

A new year has begun and like many people do, I have spent some time reflecting on the last year and looking ahead to what is coming. It's easy to do that strictly in terms of events in my life. Much has happened and much will happen. But that's not exactly where my thoughts have been focused. God has been at work and He will continue to be at work in my life . . . and in yours . . . even if we don't always see it.

One of the CDs I got Christmas this year has quickly become a favourite of mine. There is a song on the CD that has become a declaration of sorts for me going into 2012.



The whole song declares Who God is and that He is greater than anything else. The chorus is the part that first jumped out at me.

I'm running to Your arms
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares
To Your embrace
Light of the world
Forever reign

That's exactly what I want to do in 2012. Run to God's arms in everything that happens - whether good or bad. It's the place to run because the riches of His love will always be enough.

My prayer for 2012 is that the words to the chorus of that song would be the words I sing (in my heart or out loud) in every circumstance. And I pray they would be true for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment