Saturday, September 8, 2012

Isaiah 55:10-11

As the rain and the snow
     come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
     without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
     so that it yields seeds for the sower
          and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
     It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
     and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(Isaiah 55:10-11, NIV)

God's Word always accomplishes that which God sent it out to accomplish. His purposes will always happen. When we spend time in the Word, God uses it to change us.

I don't know about you, but even though I know that, I need to be reminded sometimes. I find it easy to forget that. In the midst of life when things don't seem to be going as I planned, I need the reminder that God has said His Word will achieve the purpose He sent it for.

I don't have anything more to say about this today. God's Word is enough. My words don't always have anything of value, but God's do. Rest in that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment