Sunday, January 26, 2014

He is Greater

I've been reading in Isaiah recently and this morning I was reminded of something important by what I read.

We serve a God Who is greater than anything that comes our way. What a great truth to build our life upon.

Takes a moment to read these verses out of Isaiah 40.

With whom, then, will you compare Good?
     To what image will you liken Him?
. . .
Do you not know?
     Have you not heard?
Has it not been told to you from the beginning?
     Have you not understood since the earth was founded?
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
     and its people are like grasshopper.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
     and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
. . .
To whom will you compare Me?
     Or who is My equal? says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
     Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
     and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of His great power and mighty strength,
     not one of them is missing.
Why do you complain, Jacob?
     Why do you say, Israel,
My way is hidden from the Lord;
     my cause is disregarded by my God?
Do you not know?
     Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
     the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
     and His understanding no one can fathom.
                                                           Isaiah 40:18, 21-22, 25-28

Sometimes I think we just need to be reminded that our God is greater than anything we may face in life. Because life can often seem overwhelming. We need to hold onto the truth that our God is greater and because of that we will make it through whatever comes our way. We just have to hold onto Him.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the reminder. Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one we often need. I know I did when I wrote this.

      Delete