Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Five Years

The first weekend of April five years ago, I really didn't have any idea what I was at the beginning of. I walked into a Set Free weekend with my church (called Encounter God then). 

I wasn't totally sure what to expect, or even why I was actually there. I just knew that without even really thinking about it, I had said yes to a text from the women's ministry leader at my church when she asked if I was planning to go. I had heard a bit about it, but I didn't really know exactly what it was about.

When I look back now, I can't really imagine what things would be like if I hadn't gone. I'm definitely glad I went. Because it's not just about the weekend. It's about tools for living life in relationship with God - for dealing with the stuff that happens.

Probably the biggest thing I can see when I look at what God has done in these five years is the amount of freedom in Christ I've found. For a long time, that was just a nice idea for me. I knew Scripture talked about it, but I had come to the point of thinking that it wasn't going to be reality for me. 

But, now I can say that it is something available to all of us. I've experienced in a way I never thought was possible. And I want to continue living that way and growing in that. As I've learned to deal with the stuff in life and to better hear God's voice when He speaks, I've been able to see a least a small glimpse of what the freedom in Christ talked about in Scripture is.

As another Set Free weekend approaches in a few days, I'm looking forward to it. To see what God has in store for all of us who are there (both attending and serving on the prayer team) this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment