Sunday, December 28, 2008

reflecting on 2008 and looking ahead to 2009

So the other day I started reflecting on the past year - on 2008. It is not quite over yet, but it is getting close. I was not reflecting so much on the events but on what God has been up to in my life in the last year. I pulled out my journal (I write on here, but it is only a snippet of what I write about) and started reading what I had written in the last year. It was amazing to read the stories of what God had been up to in my life. He was definitely at work and I can see now that even in the times when I wondered He was there and He was working.

As I did that I started to move into looking ahead to 2009 with anticipation of what God has in store. If He did all that He did in 2008 in my life, I can only imagine what He will do in the coming year. I am excited to see what He has in store for me! Based on the joys and challenges of this past year, I know that it will not all be easy, but it will be good in the end no matter whether the time is hard or not.

I pray that you would be looking ahead with anticipation as well to the coming year. And I pray that you and I would both be open to whatever God has in store for us in the coming year.

Happy New Year to all!!! (Just in case I do not get around to posting another blog before we move into 2009!)

No comments:

Post a Comment