Tuesday, April 21, 2009

reflections

Do you ever have those days where you think about where you are in life now and compare it to where you thought you would be? That's where I've been today. I guess with it being my birthday, I've been a little reflective today.

If you had asked me when I was in college still where I thought I'd be today, I would have told you something different than what my life looks like now. Not that I have any problem with where my life is. Quite honestly, it's a pretty good life. I have a good job - good roommates - a great family - I'm involved in things I like. I do like where I'm at and I'm happy with it. But, it definitely looks different from where I thought I would be at this time in my life. I think, though, that where I am now is where God wanted me to be no matter what plans I had for things.

I wonder how often that is the case. We get so caught up in the way we want things to be and so focused on making them happen that way, that we miss what God really wanted for us. God may still use the way we make things to turn out for His glory, but I sometimes wonder if we miss out on the absolute best that God has because of our stubborn insistence on doing things our own way. I could have insisted my life look the way I thought it would now, and probably made it happen, but when I think about what I would have missed along the way, I'm glad I didn't do that this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment