Tuesday, March 2, 2010

family

I've been thinking a lot lately about family. At the beginning of February I was sitting at a table in a restaurant with my family . . . except it had a couple more people than I'm used to having at the table - a couple more guys specifically. Both of my sisters are engaged and so their fiances were with us. In some ways it seemed strange to have these two guys at the table, and in other ways not strange at all. My sisters have picked quality guys.

I have apparently gained two brothers at this point - something they both informed me of. And it shows in things like messing with the other remote for my parents' Wii while I'm trying to select something, so that I can't actually select what I'm trying to and am confused by what's happening that I'm not doing. Or seeing them eye the cupcake in my hand and try to time it correctly to shove it in my face instead of me being able to take a bite (they weren't successful on that one, but they tried).

The more I've thought about family the last while, the more I've realized how lucky I am to have the family I do. We may drive each other crazy at times or amke each other mad, but I never doubt they love me and I never doubt my love for them. And my family, my two future brother-in-laws included, are the people who I know will be there when I need help and they're the people I would call on first. I feel pretty lucky to have a family like that, and I don't want to take that for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment