Saturday, July 9, 2011

sometimes you can't make it on your own

I was stopped by the lyrics to a U2 song the other day. It struck me how they spoke so clearly against what our culture tells us. We do not have to go it alone and try to make it on our own.



The first few words of the song are what really stuck with me:

Tough, you think you've got the stuff
You're telling me and anyone
You're hard enough

You don't have to put up a fight
You don't have to always be right
Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight

Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone

How many times have we gone through life telling others we are fine and can take whatever is coming our way no matter what it is? How often do we try to make it on our own?

We were not meant to try and make it on our own in this life. We were meant to journey with others through the big stuff and the little stuff. Community is more important than I think we realize sometimes, because sometimes we cannot make it on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment