Saturday, July 6, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Beautiful

Joining in with everyone over at Lisa-Jo Baker's blog again for Five Minute Friday. Five minutes of writing on a given word. Just writing what comes to mind, no serious editing or back-tracking in it for this one. This week's word is BEAUTIFUL.


Beautiful.

Early morning. Sun rising over the mountains. Mist rising off the lake. All was quiet, except a single loon calling in the distance. I was alone in my kayak in the middle of the lake, bathed in the warmth of the rising sun.
Photo taken by me on a hike.
 
Beautiful.

Late at night. It was a little bit cold as we lay on the edge of the field looking up at the sky. The Northern Lights danced above us. A multi-coloured show filled the sky above us.

Beautiful.

Snow falling all around me. The world is turning white before my eyes. Silence surrounds me - the only noise heard is the sound of my feet crunching on the snow with each step.

Beautiful.

Sitting atop a mountain. Sun setting behind the mountains across the lake. The city below a glow of light. So close and yet it feels so far from the noise of the city. Birds chirping are the only sound I hear.

Beautiful.

The world that surrounds us is so beautiful, but I don't notice most of the time. I'm too busy getting to the next thing. And I miss the beautiful creation that surrounds me.

The beautiful world that God created and then allowed me to live in. I need to learn to see the beauty of it more often. God's world is beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. To slow and take the time to notice the beauty He gives...yes! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara, I love this post. It reminds me of a John Denver song. . .my favity-favorite singer. :) Thank you for reminding me to stop and notice the beauty everywhere!

    ReplyDelete