Sunday, June 8, 2014

God's Plans or Yours?

I've noticed that sometimes when you think you have a plan in place, God changes things on you. Because He has a different plan. And often a better plan than the one we had - even if we don't see it as better at the time.

I took a break from posting here with the plan that I would do some writing and planning for upcoming posts here. That isn't what happened. I wrote a bit, but not the way I had planned. Some things that will come in future posts were planned, but not as detailed a plan as I would like.

As I think about it, I can see that God had a different plan. He wanted me to spend the time I would have spent writing with my family. We were together the way we were for only a short time and if I was focussed on writing, I would have missed some of the moments we were able to share.

It's not that I didn't do any of what I had planned. I just did less of it than I had planned. And that was God's plan.

It's something I seem to be continually learning. That God's plans aren't always mine. And when I choose to live a life that is surrendered to Him, He has permission to change my plans anytime. My job is to follow Him where He leads - even when it isn't the way I had planned it to be.

What about you? How do you do when God comes and changes your plans?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you did spend time with your family, so many people put work, even God's work ahead of family. When we do spend time with family we not only bless them but ourselves with such wonderful memories. Happy you made it back safely and that you had a great getaway. Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete