Monday, July 28, 2014

He Delights in Us

    "He brought me out into a spacious place;
         He rescued me because He delighted in me."
                                                              (Psalm 18:19)


God delights in me and He delights in you!

Have you ever stopped and thought about that truth?

Have you ever allowed it to really sink in?

God delights in you! That is why He rescued you from your sin. That is why He listens to your prayers and answers you calls for help. He delights in you!

David wrote Psalm 18 when he was recued from his enemies by God. He was praising God for delivering him - for hearing his cries for help and rescuing him.

David had been running from his enemies. Hiding in caves. And now God has stepped in and brought an end to all of that. David's response is to turn to God in praise for all He has done. In the middle of that praise, David declares this incredible truth:

         "He brought me out into a spacious place;
                   He rescued me because He delighted in me."

Scripture is full of references to God's love for us. We are often reminded that God loves us the way a parents loves a child. 1 John 3:1 says,

          "See what great love the Father has lavished on us,
          that we should be called children of God. And that
          is what we are."

When I read that verse, I can't help but think about the response of parents to their children - of my sister and brother-in-law to their new daughter. As a parents watches a child they love do something and spends time with their child, they delight in them.

This is the picture that comes to mind as I read David's word in Psalm 18 about God rescuing him because God delighted in him.

And we follow the same God. The same God Who loves His children lavishly. The same God Who rescues us because He delights in us.

God delights in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment