Thursday, January 10, 2013

Psalm 91:1-4

This post is the first in a series of shorter posts on Psalm 91. It's a psalm I've been reflecting on lately. I'm not sure I have any profound thoughts on it, but it's where I've been spending some time lately.


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
     will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
     my God in whom I trust." (vs. 1-2)

God is a safe place for us to choose to hide.

He will protect us from harm.

He will give us rest when we make Him our hiding place.

He is the One we can completely trust.


Surely He will save you
     from the fowler's snare
     and from the deadly pestilence. (vs. 3)

God will rescue us from the traps that Satan sets to snare us.

He won't let Satan's traps destroy us.

No comments:

Post a Comment