Thursday, December 6, 2018

More Reflections on Life Changing in Ways We Don't Always Understand

A few days ago, I shared a poem about some of the hard changes I've been processing with my grandparents recently. That poem was specifically about what I've been walking through with my Grandma, but it's also meant changes with my Grandpa too. This poem is specifically related to that. I'm not actually sure if it's part of the last one, or if it's a new one.


I see you there
With sad in your eyes
The love of your life
Is changing each day

Some days she's angry
And pushes away
Some days she needs you
And pulls you in close

Disease stole her body
And now has her mind
She's here and she's not
So hard to find

I see you there
Loving her still
In pain and in sorrow
You never give up

I listen and watch
I see all you do
It makes me desire
A love like you have

Through life's ups and downs
Endurance has marked it
You hold on for good
You held on in hard

I see you there
Lonely and lost
Crying and hurting
For what has been lost

I'm grateful for you
Your love and your caring
For me through the years
 I cannot forget

Every smile, every hug
 Every prayer that you pray
All the laughter we've shared
It's part of me now

I love much more
Than what I can say
Grandpa, I love you
Is just not enough

1 comment:

  1. I tyink this is among the most significant ijformation for me.
    And i'm glad readijng your article. But want to remark on few
    general things, The web site style iss great,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

    ReplyDelete