Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Beautifully Broken

Jagged shards of glass covered the floor around me.

I was trapped by the broken vase. No where to step next without stepping on the broken glass. The broken pieces kept me stuck.


Often that's how I've felt about the brokenness in my life. I look around and all I see if the brokenness in me. And I end up feeling trapped by it.

Held back.

Kept from doing many things.

Trapped. Captive.


Slowly. Carefully.

I begin to gather the glass off the floor around me and piece it back together. The vase was a favourite. I didn't want to lose it.

So I began the difficult and sometimes painful work of putting the broken pieces back together again.


God wants to do the same with our lives. He wants to put the brokenness in our lives back together. He takes on the task of putting them back together if we allow Him to.

A slow and sometimes painful process as God puts lives and hearts back to how they should be - the way He created them to be. But He has the patience and the love to do the work. If only we allow Him.


I knew the vase wouldn't be perfect any longer.

There were gaps in it that allowed the water to pour through.

But it was still beautiful.

More beautiful than before it had been broken.


Our lives are that way too. When we allow God to put our broken pieces back together, we're more beautiful than we were before.

And the cracks that comes from putting the broken pieces back together allow God's love to pour through us to the people around us.


"But we have this treasure in jars of clay
to show that this all-surpassing power
is from God and not from us."
2 Corinthians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment