Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Work Together

A few days ago was the 35th anniversary for the place where I work. For us that meant a chance to celebrate 35 years of changing lives. That's something worth celebrating.

The day of our party as I watched everyone working together I was struck by the team of people that came together to make it happen. My coworkers and our guests, churches in our community, and other groups. We were all needed to make it happen. None of us could have done what we did together that day if we had tried to do it alone.

As I've thought about this since, I've realized that everything we do as followers of Christ to offer hope to the world around us is done as part of a team. We need each other and we need to be working together to do it. We can't do it on our own.

So many of the stories I've heard of God transforming lives talk about multiple people and multiple groups playing a role in that transformation. That would be my story as well. Some of those people or groups have a bigger influence than others, but it's rarely just one person that God uses.

I walked away from our 35th anniversary party with a new reminder of the importance of working together for God's Kingdom. That's how God designed it to work. He uses us to transform lives as we work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment