Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Saying Good-Bye

 This is the final part of some poems that I wrote as I have been processing things with my Grandma.

You can find previous parts here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3


It’s different down here

Without you to see

No one I call Grandma

To hug anymore

 

Something feels missing

Without you here

A hole left behind

That only you filled

 

I miss you already

Just being with you

Sitting beside you

Feeling your hugs

 

But I picture you there

Fully healed and restored

In the arms of our Savior

At peace evermore

 

The world feels so different

Without your bright light

Shining for Jesus

In all that you do

 

While words couldn’t express it

Right up to the end

A peace sat around you

As I entered your room

 

You knew of your Savior

You knew what would come

You trusted Him deeply

And pointed the way

 

A woman of prayer

Your legacy left

A love for our Savior

Marked all that you did

 

Good-bye my dear Grandma

I’ll never forget

The words of your wisdom

The love that you showed

 

I know that I’m different

Because you took time

To point me to Jesus

In all that you said


No comments:

Post a Comment